Expert legal cover when you need it most
Life can be uncertain and you never know when you may have to resort to legal action. As a Legal iQ client, you can enjoy the benefit of qualified legal experts in your corner. Live better, knowing you have a direct and affordable path to legal assistance − whenever you need it.
A little peace of mind goes a long way
When life throws a speedbump in your way, it’s a huge comfort to know there’s someone standing by with the skills and knowledge to help you get back on track.
What if you could tackle your legal problems affordably – without hidden costs or paperwork to fill out?
What if you had a direct line to a team of expert legal advisers – day or night?
Legal iQ provides exactly that – Comprehensive legal expense cover from only R145 pm.
Committed to you
No hidden costs
24 hour help
Experience you can trust
To ensure you have immediate access to legal advice we have 2,500 attorneys and advocates countrywide – all with a minimum of 5 years’ experience – standing by to assist.
Our team’s experience covers 89 legal services – there is no task too complex for us and we are committed to a successful resolution, guiding you through the process step-by-step.
Both you and your immediate family are covered for a wide range of legal issues – from workplace disputes to divorce – so you’ll never walk alone.
Our service covers a wide range of issues where expert legal advice will make all the difference.
Access to a 24-hour legal service centre to obtain legal advice and standard routine legal documents.
Legal advice, legal representation and litigation services in any legally instituted court or tribunal, pertaining to the following matters:
- Civil claims instituted by the Insured regarding matters set out in this legal services schedule;
- Civil claims instituted against Insured regarding matters set out in this legal services schedule;
- Civil marriages;
- Lobola marriages.
- Religious and Customary Marriages.
- Divorces – Uncontested;
- Divorces – Contested divorces. Cover is limited to R30 000 (thirty thousand) per case;
- Amendment of Divorce Orders;
- Enforcement of Divorce Orders;
- Maintenance Enquiries;
- Enforcement of Maintenance Orders;
- Amendment of Maintenance Orders;
- Failure to pay maintenance;
- Maintenance arrears litigation;
- Prenuptial agreements;
- Living together as life-partners;
- Visitation rights;
- Family violence;
- Protection orders;
- Paternity – excluding the medical expenses of the paternity test;
- Child abuse;
- Children’s rights;
- School related legal disputes;
- Lease agreements – this benefit is limited to tenants;
- Eviction Orders – this benefit is limited to tenants;
- Damage to immovable property;
- Unlawful arrest by SAPS and Metro Police;
- Malpractice by doctors;
- Negligence in hospitals;
- Disputes with medical aid companies;
- Consumer related legal problems;
- Guarantees and Warrantees;
- Defective goods;
- Personal and bodily injuries;
- Problems with the neighbours;
- Sexual harassment;
- Disputes with service providers;
- Homeowner legal problems – limited to primary residence of Insured;
- Insurance related matters;
- Building disputes – limited to primary residence of the Insured;
- Poor craftsmanship;
- Defamation of character – in printed or electronic media, excluding social media;
- Legal disputes regarding Tax;
- Registration of companies
- Status of persons (Curators’ appointment)
- Urgent applications;
- Appeals and review proceedings in criminal cases;
- Rescission of civil judgements;
- Wills – limited to advice and drafting of;
- Winding up (administration) of deceased estates not exceeding a value of R250 000 (two hundred and fifty thousand);
- Winding up (administration) of deceased estates exceeding a value of R250 000 (two hundred and fifty thousand). Cover limited to R10 000 (ten thousand) per estate;
- Legal disputes regarding financial services;
- ID Theft;
- Debt related legal problems;
- Garnishee Orders;
- Blacklisting – Removal of your name from the Credit Bureau list;
- Unlawful blacklisting;
- Legal problems with Local Authorities;
- Matters where an admission of guilt is payable;
- 60% of initiation fees of debt counselling process
- Rescission of administration orders
- Conveyancing – Cover is provided for attorneys transfer fees only and limited to R6 000 (six thousand) per transfer.
- Criminal matters – all criminal offences;
- Bail applications;
- Bail payments up to R5 000 (five thousand) per incident per Insured.
- Disciplinary Hearings assistance;
- Lodgement of grievances at workplace;
- Internal Appeals;
- CCMA assistance;
- Included in the above services:
- Maternity issues
- Unfair dismissals
- Unpaid wages
- Criminal prosecution relating to Motor Vehicle Accidents;
- Traffic Offences
- Drunken driving;
- Reckless or Negligent driving;
- Culpable Homicide as a result of an accident;
- Problems with panel beaters;
- Problems with tow-in companies;
- RAF (Road Accident Fund) Claims;
- Pothole damages;
- Other damage to your vehicle caused by bad road conditions.
- Conveyancing – In addition to the conveyancing service above, Insuresense will negotiate a discount on attorney’s transfer fees of up to 40% when one of the conveyancers on our network is used by the transacting parties.
- Winding up of deceased estates – Insuresense will negotiate a discount of up to 50% on executor’s fees if those costs exceeds the cover limit above.
Your policy excludes:
- The payment of any fine, penalty, tax, levy, any witness fee, any costs pertaining to expert witnesses and expert witness reports, travelling or subsistence costs, any payment or reimbursement of money to the Insured of whatever nature, including costs and expenses in respect of services under this policy provided on a contingency fee basis.
- Indemnification of the Insured against payment of claims or damages awarded against the Insured in legal proceedings.
- Any order in legal proceedings, made in respect of legal expenses, in favour of the Insured’s opponent in such proceedings.
- Insured Matters that occurred outside the borders of Republic of South Africa.
- Litigation and representation services regarding events or circumstances which had commenced or occurred or where the cause or grounds of action in respect of those events or circumstances arose prior to inception of the policy or within the Waiting Periods as well as agreements that were entered into by the Insured prior to the inception date of this policy or within the 2-month Waiting Period.
- Matters related to the Insured’s business trade or profession and that are based on the generation of income other than income derived as an employee.
- Matters related to the professional sporting activities of the Insured.
- Legal Services that are purely administrative in nature.
- This policy of insurance and all actions, whether actual or contemplated, brought against the Insurer and/or Insuresense and /or the Intermediary in respect of the policy by the Insured.
- Any Matters relating to:
- Debt review, counselling or rehabilitation.
- Insolvencies and administration of insolvent estates.
- Investment and pension/provident fund disputes.
- Water and electricity account problems and matters relating to electricity outages or claims based on consequential damage arising from electricity outages.
- Disputes with telecommunication service providers.
- Loss of or damage to any vehicle as a result of an accident – except where the loss or damage was caused by potholes.
- The service and / or repair, of whatever nature and resulting from whatever cause, of a vehicle
- Application of rules by Body Corporates and Home Owner Associations.
- Events that are, in the sole opinion of Insuresense, trivial and / or should be adjudicated in the small claims Court.
- SABC licences.
- Adoptions in respect of blood relatives of an Insured.
- Land claims.
- Constitutional Court proceedings.
- Any act or activity pertaining to political activity/riot, civil commotion, labour riot/strike/lockout or public disorder.
- Labour matters, the cause or grounds of which originate during the Insured’s membership of a Trade Union.
- Protection orders regarding disputes between the Insured and immediate family members, his / her spouse or life-partner.
- All matters not specifically included in the definition of Insured Matters
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from an irradiated nuclear fuel or any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof.
- War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, riot, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or confiscation or nationalisation or compulsory purchase, requisition, destruction of or restrictions or controls placed on or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
Want to know more?
Please see if your query is answered here. If not, please call or email and we’ll help you directly.
Policyholders can access telephonic legal advice immediately after payment of your first premium. However, a 3-month waiting period applies to legal representation.
Yes. A maximum limit of up to R270 000 per case for cover.
Making a claim is easy!
- Call 0861 114 171
- Talk to a lawyer about your situation. Provide accurate and detailed information about the matter.
- A lawyer will assess your situation and advise you accordingly, and inform you of the claims process.
- If necessary, Legal iQ will arrange a consultation and lawyer to represent your case.
- No excess payable
Get in touch
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0861 114 171
766 Ruby Drive, Mooikloof Heights, Pretoria.
Legal iQ is a comprehensive legal expense insurance policy underwritten by GENRIC Insurance Company Limited, a registered non-life Insurer (FSP 43638), and administered by Insuresense Consultants (Pty) Ltd (FSB 47115). GENRIC and Insuresense Consultants are authorised financial services providers.
© 2021 Legal iQ. All Rights Reserved.